The leaves have started crumbling down, which speaks volumes about the upcoming summers and basketball season coming around on the block. If you are thinking about joining the basketball game, let us help you make an impression on the coach before the games start winding up. So, have a look!
Get Rid of The Injuries
If you have any injuries from the holidays, it’s time to address them and make them heal because basketball can worsen its situation. If the injury is small, opt for an Advil and ice, but if it’s huge, we recommend seeing a physiotherapist. Never wait for the “time” to heal the injury because only professional help can do that!
As a player, you need to be precise and knowledgeable about the lacking points and the points that you ace at. When it comes to basketball, always evaluate ball handling and shooting capabilities but, on the order hand, work on expanding your power, flexibility, strength, and agility. By evaluating these factors, you will be able to determine where you stand and what basketball training videos do you need to opt for. In the longer run, it will positively impact your performance!
Exercise It Up
The basketball players need to have strengthened and highly powered bodies, and it’s hardly ever god-gifted. So, whenever you are trying to make up the strength, it is optimal to opt for exercise. We understand that playing basketball alone can be an exercise, but you have got to let those muscles loose. So, while you are exercising, keep in mind the following things;
- Pay special attention to the upper body, legs, and core by ensuring muscular balance
- Exercise in three motion planes by working on twisting, front to back, and side to side
- Opt for an overhead, decline, and incline for the upper body
- For every set, opt for 6-15 because that’s how you get most out of these exercises
- Never do the wrong techniques because they can do more harm than good
- Increase your mobility by doing the feet exercises such as walking lunges without shoes
- Make sure each muscle of your body is working and make it possible by static holding, cable twisting, and more
- Work on step-ups and lunges at least once in a week
Intricate Mobility & Flexibility
Static stretching is for the hardcore exercises, and one must never lose that energy while warming up. So, opt for the dynamic stretches because they help in improving the mobility and flexibility while retaining the optimal posture of groin, shoulders, IT Band, and lower back.
The Crucial Conditioning
It’s still winters, so you cannot really bug yourself with intense conditioning, but it cannot be neglected either. So, make sure you are jump roping, pooling, and biking up because they are milder sides of conditioning. Never let your body gets used to something by creating variations in the workout intensity. For instance, opt for intense conditioning for 50 seconds, then go slow for 30 seconds, and keep the cycle going!
If you want to ace at summer training for your basketball game, our Full Court Basketball can help as well, so why wait?