Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports is reporting that former Boston Celtics forward Kris Humphries is headed to Washington via a sign-and-trade deal. The deal is for 3 years, $13 million with a team option on the third year.
Humphries is best known as the ex-husband of Kim Kardashian, a reputation that has haunted him in past seasons, but he has been a productive player in recent years. He averaged 7.6 points and 5.7 rebounds with the Celtics last year and averaged a double-double in back to back seasons with the Brooklyn Nets from 2010-2012. The addition of Humphries and the likely addition of center DeJuan Blair show that the Wizards are intent on improving their frontcourt depth. The duo of Humphries and Blair should provide plenty of energy, scrappiness and rebounds off the bench.
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
Tags: Basketball, Kris Humphries, NBA, Washington, Washington Wizards
- Examining the Washington Wizards’ Potential Small Forward Solutions
- Trevor Ariza to Sign with the Houston Rockets
- Drew Gooden Expected to Re-Sign with the Wizards
- Washington Wizards Free Agency Look Pt 3: the Iffys
- Washington Wizards Targeting Dallas Mavericks Center DeJuan Blair
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1dep