According to ESPN.com's Marc Stein, the Washington Wizards are in negotiations with the Dallas Mavericks over a potential sign-and-trade deal that would send forward/center DeJuan Blair to the Wizards. There is a sense of urgency surrounding the deal as the Wizards hope to complete the transaction before the Mavericks have to surrender their rights to Blair in order to clear cap space for their incoming free agent signees. A deal is expected to be completed soon.
Though undersized at 6'7", Blair is known for his toughness and tenacity and had a solid season as a backup for the Mavs last year. The 25 year old Blair has career averages of 7.8 PPG and 5.8 RPG. If the deal is completed, which appears highly likely, Blair would provide the Wizards with a quality option off the bench and his physical play and intensity would be invaluable assets should the Wizards make another playoff run.
- Why the ‘Full-Court Press’ to Keep Marcin Gortat is Crucial to Washington Wizards’ Success
- Examining the Washington Wizards’ Potential Small Forward Solutions
- Washington Wizards Free Agency Look Part 2
- Paul Pierce Agrees to Two Year Deal with Washington Wizards
- Randy Wittman Resigns with Washington Wizards for 3-yr Extension
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1dd4