Trevor Booker returned to his high school to teach a summer basketball camp and discussed his future. In an interview with Matt Connolly for Goupstate.com, Booker said his first free agency, that "a lot of teams are calling right now that are interested".
Booker averaged 7 PPG and 5 RPG and this was the last year of his 4 year contract with the Wizards. However, there is a lot of signing to do for the front office this season, and with Marcin Gortat, Trevor Ariza, and Kevin Seraphin all looking to occupy similar spaces on the court, it might be Booker who gets a chance to sign elsewhere.
Right after tipoff in last nights Game 2 of the Finals, Booker did tweet out "Succesful day of meetings. Big things coming up." Keeping #WizardsTwitter very interesting this off season.
Tags: Basketball, NBA, Trevor Booker, Washington, Washington Wizards
- Washington Wizards Free Agency: Checking in, Part I
- Kevin Seraphin’s Future with the Wizards
- Marcin Gortat Takes to Twitter in Support of Caron Butler
- Former Wizards Coach Hires Himself to Coach Timberwolves
- How the Wizards Should Use Their Environment
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1bw9