The Washington Redskins have scheduled a joint practice with the New England Patriots for August 4-6. The Redskins will host the Patriots at the Bon Secours Washington Redskins Training Center in Richmond, Va. This practice will help prepare both teams for when they face each other in the preseason opener on Thursday, August 7 at FedEx Field. The game will be televised to a national audience on the NBC network. All three joint practices will be free and open to the public.
The Patriots have been known to have joint practices with other teams. They had a joint practice with the New Orleans Saints back in 2012 and the Philadelphia Eagles for last season’s preseason opener. The Patriots also held a joint practice with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers last season before their preseason game. New England is scheduled to have a joint practice later this year with the Eagles once more, and that practice is scheduled for some time before their preseason matchup on August 15.
This will also be a good time for Jay Gruden to experience what a well-coached team looks like. Bill Belichick has been a coach for the Patriots since 2000 and Gruden is entering his first season as a NFL head coach. He will get to see firsthand how Belichick runs his team.
More details on the joint practice schedule will be given as the dates approach.
- Jay Gruden’s Assessment of the Washington Redskins’ Rookie MiniCamp
- Washington Redskins Hire Jay Gruden as New Head Coach
- Spencer Long Can Provide Depth on the Offensive Line for the Washington Redskins
- Top Two Washington Redskins Rookies Look to Make Each Other Better
- The Washington Redskins Hope That Morgan Moses Can Bulk up Their Offensive Line
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1b76