The Toronto Raptors look to keep rolling tonight, but will face a tough opponent in the Portland Trail Blazers. The Raptors have won three and a row and five of their last six. They are 1-0 on their current five-game Western Conference road trip as they picked up a 100-90 victory over the Denver Nuggets last night. The Trail Blazers have lost two in a row and four of their last six. They sit tied for second in the Western Conference and will be hungry for a win tonight. This is the second and final meeting between the teams. The Trail Blazers won the first meeting 118-110 in Toronto on November 17.
Here are some notes for tonight's game:
- The Raptors haven't won in Portland since December 22, 2006.
- The Raptors are 6-4 on the second night of back-to-backs. They will have their hands full against a Portland team that has been off since Tuesday.
- DeMar DeRozan had 29 points on 11-27 shooting in the first meeting against Portland. DeRozan returned from an ankle injury last night against Denver and looks to be healthy moving forward.
- Trail Blazers forward LaMarcus Aldridge is having an MVP-type season averaging 24.3 points per game and 11.6 rebounds per game. Aldridge had 25 points and 11 rebounds in the first meeting against the Raptors.
- The Trail Blazers made 15 three pointers in the first meeting between the teams, while the Raptors only converted on three of their attempts. The Trail Blazers average a league-best 9.6 made three's per game, while shooting it at 38.3%.
- Raptors guard Terrence Ross, who was born and raised in Portland, will play his first career NBA game in his hometown. Ross is averaging 10.4 points per game this season and has scored double figures in five straight games. Ross is developing into a solid all-around player with his defensive and rebounding ability becoming very strong.
Tonight`s game starts at 10 pm. ET and can be seen on TSN.
Let`s Go Raptors!
Follow us on Twitter: @TorRaptors101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Raptors101
- Portland Trail Blazers (7-2) at Toronto Raptors (4-6)
- Toronto Raptors Force Overtime, Lose 118-110 to Portland Trail Blazers
- Indiana Pacers (25-5) at Toronto Raptors (14-15)
- Toronto Raptors Win in Denver for the Time Time in Over 10 Years
- Toronto Raptors (8-13) at Chicago Bulls (9-12)
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/17ma