With familiar faces in town Wednesday night, the Toronto Raptors knew they had a big game on their hands against the Dallas Mavericks. The Mavericks dominated early on both ends of the court and jumped out to a 21 point lead. The Raptors clawed back in the second quarter and got the lead down to five. The teams traded baskets throughout the third quarter and midway through the fourth. It wasn't until the halfway point in the fourth quarter until the Raptors completely came back from their 21 point deficit and took the lead. After that it was all Raptors as they went on to seal the victory. With the win, the Raptors sweep the season series against the Mavericks. Their 21 point comeback is the fifth largest in franchise history.
Points By Quarter
Here are some notes from the game:
- DeMar DeRozan led the way for the Raptors with a career-high 40 points on 15-22 shooting. DeRozan is the first Raptor to score 40 or more points since Andrea Bargnani back in 2010.
- Raptors big man Jonas Valanciunas picked up his team-leading 13th double-double of the season with 12 points and 10 rebounds. Valanciunas was big late in the fourth quarter for the Raptors, grabbing some key rebounds and making a couple of crucial baskets.
- Raptors point guard Kyle Lowry was under the weather dealing with a stomach virus and it showed early. Lowry only scored three points on the night and was 0-10 from the field. He did have five assists, four rebounds and had two key defensive plays late in the fourth including taking another charge.
- Greivis Vasquez made up for Lowry's lack of scoring by pouring in 17 points to go along with seven assists. Vasquez made three three pointers on the night and was instrumental in the team's comeback victory.
- Monta Ellis led the Mavericks with 21 points on 9-18 shooting. Ellis also had six assists, but committed eight turnovers on the night.
- The former Raptors had decent games, but nothing too special. Point guard Jose Calderon had 13 points, five assists and four rebounds for the Mavericks. Most of Calderon's production came in the first quarter and he was shut down the rest of the game. Vince Carter had eight points and four assists, while Shawn Marion had six points and four rebounds.
NEXT GAME: Friday, January 24 @ Philadelphia 76ers. 7 pm. ET
Follow us on Twitter: @TorRaptors101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Raptors101
- Toronto Raptors Emerge Victorious in 109-108 OT Win Over Dallas Mavericks
- Toronto Raptors (9-14) at Dallas Mavericks (15-10)
- Dallas Mavericks (25-18) at Toronto Raptors (20-20)
- Toronto Raptors Win Second Game in a Row, Defeat Washington Wizards 96-88
- Toronto Raptors Make Big Statement, Defeat Indiana Pacers 95-82
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/16zx