The Dallas Mavericks are in town tonight and that can only mean one thing – the Toronto Raptors will take on some familiar faces. Jose Calderon, Shawn Marion and of course, Vince Carter, will all be at the Air Canada Center tonight to take on their former team. While Calderon is expected to get cheered from the Raptors fans in attendance, it will be interesting to see what kind of reception Carter gets. He has been booed every time he has returned to the ACC and fans are still bitter about how he left the team almost 10 years ago.
The Raptors have struggled lately, losing three of their last four. The Mavericks have won two of their last four. This is the second and final meeting between the teams. The Raptors won the first meeting 109-108 on December 20 in Dallas.
Here are some notes for tonight's game:
- The Mavericks have scored 100 or more points in seven straight games. The Raptors have only allowed 100 or more points in three of their last 12 games.
- The Raptors will once again be without forward Tyler Hansbrough as he will miss his 11th straight game with an ankle injury. They will also be without forward Landry Fields as he is out at least three weeks after undergoing wrist surgery yesterday. John Salmons, who has been dealing with back spasms, isn't 100% but should be able to go tonight.
- Mavericks center Samuel Dalembert has been cleared to play tonight after suffering a left shoulder strain the other day.
- Raptors point guard Kyle Lowry is tied for the NBA-lead with 35 made three pointers this month. Lowry has made three or more three pointers in seven straight games. He has made a total of 100 this season, shooting them at 40.7%.
- Mavericks guard Vince Carter, who turns 37 on Sunday, is averaging 11.2 points per game, 3.3 rebounds per game and 2.8 assists per game off the bench.
- In the last meeting between the teams, the Raptors had six players score in double figures. Jonas Valanciunas had one of his better games with 18 points and 13 rebounds. Valanciunas has struggled lately and the Raptors hope he can put forth that type of performance once again tonight.
- Mavericks point guard Jose Calderon hit seven three's in the last meeting between the teams. Calderon is averaging 11.7 points per game this season, but is also averaging his second lowest assist total at 4.7 per game.
Tonight's game starts at 7 pm. ET and can be seen on Sportsnet Ontario, East, West and Pacific.
Let's Go Raptors!
Follow us on Twitter: @TorRaptors101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Raptors101Tags: Basketball, DALLAS MAVERICKS, Demar Derozan, Jonas Valanciunas, JOSE CALDERON, Kyle Lowry, MAVERICKS, MONTA ELLIS, NBA, RAPTORS, Toronto, Toronto Raptors, VINCE CARTER
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/16zk