The Toronto Raptors play host to the Los Angeles Lakers this afternoon and look to complete the season sweep. The Raptors have won four of their last five games, while the Lakers have dropped six of their last seven. This is the second and final meeting between the teams. The Raptors won the first game 106-94 on December 8 in Los Angeles. It was their first game without Rudy Gay and they were without the four players they received back in the trade.
Here are some notes for tonight's game:
- Amir Johnson scored a career-high 32 points on 14-17 shooting. Johnson went to work in the paint and it will be interesting to see if the Lakers have an answer for him tonight.
- The Raptors have held nine of their last 10 opponents under 100 points and seven of them under 90.
- Raptors forward Tyler Hansbrough will miss his ninth straight game with an ankle injury. John Salmons (back spasms) will be a game-time decision.
- In the last meeting between the teams, the Lakers had five players score in double figures – all of them coming off the bench.
- Lakers guard Nick Young was suspended for one game after a throwing a punch in Wednesday's loss to the Phoenix Suns. Young is expected to be back in the lineup today.
- Lakers rookie Ryan Kelly had 20 points off the bench in Friday's win over the Boston Celtics. He is expected to get the start tonight.
Today's game starts at 1 pm. ET and can be seen on TSN.
Let's Go Raptors!
Follow us on Twitter: @TorRaptors101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Raptors101
- Toronto Raptors (6-12) at Los Angeles Lakers (10-9)
- Toronto Raptors Spoil Kobe Bryant’s Return, Defeat Los Angeles Lakers 106-94
- Toronto Raptors (19-17) at Boston Celtics (13-26)
- Toronto Raptors (8-13) at Chicago Bulls (9-12)
- San Antonio Spurs (15-4) at Toronto Raptors (7-12)
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/16vt