The Toronto Raptors are back in action tonight as they play host to the Minnesota Timberwolves. The Raptors are coming off an 88-83 loss against the Boston Celtics on Wednesday after winning three straight. The Timberwolves have lost three of their last four. This is the first of two meetings between the teams. The other game will be played on March 9 in Minnesota.
Here are some notes for tonight's game:
- The Raptors have won five straight games at home. They are 9-8 at home this season, while the Timberwolves are 7-12 on the road.
- Timberwolves forward Kevin Love is fourth in the NBA averaging 25.6 points per game. He is also second in the league averaging 13.0 rebounds per game.
- The Raptors got dominated on the glass on Wednesday against the Celtics. Jared Sullinger grabbed 20 rebounds, with eight coming on the offensive end. The Raptors have to box out better tonight against the duo of Love and Nikola Pekovic or they could be in for another long night.
- Raptors forward Amir Johnson is dealing with a sore ankle but is expected to play tonight. Tyler Hansbrough has missed the last seven games with a sprained left ankle and will be a game-time decision.
- The Timberwolves are second in the league averaging 107.1 points per game. Since December 25, the Raptors have allowed 88.45 points per game. The Raptors have done a nice job locking down on defense and will need to do that again tonight against a Timberwolves team that likes to push the ball.
Tonight's game starts at 7 pm. ET and can be seen on TSN.
Let's Go Raptors!
Follow us on Twitter: @TorRaptors101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Raptors101
- Toronto Raptors at It Again Tonight as They Take on the Minnesota Timberwolves
- Preseason Game Two: Minnesota Timberwolves at Toronto Raptors
- Toronto Raptors Defeat Minnesota Timberwolves 104-97
- Toronto Raptors Drop Home Preseason Opener to the Minnesota Timberwolves 101-89
- Toronto Raptors (19-17) at Boston Celtics (13-26)
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/16ud