The Toronto Raptors are in Boston tonight as they take on the Celtics in an Atlantic Division battle. The Raptors have won three in a row and eight of their last 10. The Celtics have lost nine in a row and seem to only be trying to get worse in hopes of landing a franchise player in next year's draft. This is the second of four meetings between the teams.
Here are some notes for tonight's game:
- The Celtics traded away guards Jordan Crawford and MarShon Brooks today in a three-team trade. The Celtics received two draft picks and center Joel Anthony back in the deal. Anthony is not expected to suit up for the Celtics tonight.
- The Celtics made another move today as they recalled point guard Rajon Rondo from the D-league. Rondo has yet to play a game this season and is it unknown if he will play tonight or make his debut on Friday against the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Since December 25, the Raptors are second in the NBA in opponent's field goal percentage, holding teams to just 41.9% from the floor.
- Raptors guard DeMar DeRozan has scored 19 or more points in seven straight games and in nine of his last 10. DeRozan is averaging 21.3 points per game this season.
- Raptors forward Tyler Hansbrough has missed the last six games with an ankle injury and will be a game-time decision for tonight.
- Celtics forward Jeff Green had 25 points in the first meeting between the teams. He sprained his shoulder on Monday against the Houston Rockets, but is still expected to play tonight. Green is averaging 15.8 points per game and 4.9 rebounds per game this season.
- Former-Raptors guard Jerryd Bayless was acquired by the Celtics on January 7 in a three-team deal. Bayless is averaging 9.6 points per game and 4.2 assists per game in five games with the Celtics.
Tonight's game starts at 7:30 pm. ET and can be seen on Sportsnet One.
Let's Go Raptors!
Follow us on Twitter: @TorRaptors101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Raptors101
- Preseason Game Five: Boston Celtics at Toronto Raptors
- Preseason Game One: Toronto Raptors at Boston Celtics
- Toronto Raptors Open up Their Preseason with a 97-89 Victory Over the Boston Celtics
- Toronto Raptors Open Season up with 93-87 Victory Over the Boston Celtics
- Toronto Raptors Hold Off Boston Celtics for 99-97 Victory
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/16s1