The Toronto Raptors hosted the Brooklyn Nets on "Drake night" at the Air Canada Center Saturday night and with their hometown rapper in attendance they did not disappoint. The Raptors got off to a strong start, but struggled in the second and third quarters. However, in the fourth they kept the ball moving on offense and really locked down on defense, cruising to the 96-80 win. The Raptors move to 18-17 with the win. They have now won two in a row and seven of their last nine. The Nets fall to 15-22 and see their five-game winning streak come to an end. The Raptors now lead the Nets by four games for the Atlantic Division lead.
Points By Quarter
Here are some notes from the game:
- The Raptors trailed by 10 late in the third, but then went on a 26-3 run to regain the lead and seal the victory. They held the Nets to just 38 points in the second half.
- DeMar DeRozan led the way for the Raptors with 26 points, seven rebounds and five assists. DeRozan was great in the first quarter and he kept the Raptors in it during their struggles in the third.
- Patrick Patterson had 14 points and 12 rebounds off the bench for the Raptors. Patterson played a key role in the Raptors comeback on both ends of the court. Forward John Salmons was also solid off the bench going 5-5 for 13 points.
- Both teams attempted 25 three pointers with the Raptors going 11-25 and the Nets going 8-25. Kyle Lowry and Terrence Ross each made three for the Raptors, while Alan Anderson made three for the Nets.
- Paul Pierce was the Nets' high-scorer with 15 points on 5-9 shooting. Former-Raptors guard Alan Anderson poured in 13.
NEXT GAME: Monday, January 13 vs. Milwaukee Bucks. 7 pm. ET
Follow us on Twitter: @TorRaptors101
"Like" us Facebook: www.facebook.com/Raptors101
- Brooklyn Nets (15-21) at Toronto Raptors (17-17)
- Toronto Raptors’ Fourth Quarter Comeback Falls Short Against Brooklyn Nets
- Brooklyn Nets (3-10) at Toronto Raptors (6-7)
- Kemba Walker’s Buzzer Beater Gives Charlotte Bobcats 104-102 OT Victory Over Toronto Raptors
- Toronto Raptors Put Together Fourth Quarter Run En Route to 99-77 Victory Over Chicago Bulls
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/16na