The Toronto Raptors dominated on both ends of the court Friday night as they defeated the Washington Wizards 101-88. They led by 26 at one point, but the Wizards clawed away trying to make a late comeback. The Raptors have now won five straight games and move above .500 with a 16-15 record. This is the first time since 2010 that the Raptors have been above .500 through 30 games. The Wizards fall to 14-16 and have dropped two in a row.
Points By Quarter
Here are some notes from the game:
- The Raptors continue to share the ball at a high rate as they recorded a season-high 29 assists. They also got it done again on the defensive end, holding the Wizards to 41.5% shooting and forcing 18 turnovers.
- Raptors guard DeMar DeRozan was the game's high scorer with 20 points. He also added five assists and three rebounds.
- Raptors point guard Kyle Lowry recorded his second straight double-double and his fourth in the last five games as he scored 19 points and added 11 assists. Lowry was 4-4 from three point land and also had three steals.
- Patrick Patterson had a monster game off the bench for the Raptors as he scored 18 points on 8-10 shooting.
- Amir Johnson poured in 17 points and nine rebounds for the Raptors, while Terrence Ross scored 14 points as he went 4-8 from downtown.
- John Wall had an off night for the Wizards as he shot 4-15 from the field. Wall had 11 points and six assists on the night.
- The Wizards big men had strong nights as Nene scored 15 points off the bench, while Trevor Booker had eight points and 13 rebounds. Five of Booker's rebounds came on the offensive glass.
- Wizards forward Trevor Ariza was ejected in the third quarter after arguing an offensive foul call.
NEXT GAME: Sunday, January 5 @ Miami Heat. 6 pm. ET.
Follow us on Twitter: @TorRaptors101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Raptors101
- Toronto Raptors Win Second Game in a Row, Defeat Washington Wizards 96-88
- Washington Wizards (4-7) at Toronto Raptors (5-7)
- Toronto Raptors (15-15) at Washington Wizards (14-15)
- Toronto Raptors Drop Fifth Straight Game, Fall 106-97 to the Phoenix Suns
- Toronto Raptors Dominate Utah Jazz Early, Win 115-91
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/16bt