The Toronto Raptors ended 2013 strong by defeating the Chicago Bulls 85-79. The Raptors move to 14-15 on the season and have now won three in a row and five of their last six. They currently lead the Atlantic Division by two games. The Bulls fall to 12-18 with the loss. The Raptors lead the season series between the teams 2-1, with one more game to be played on February 19 in Toronto.
Points By Quarter
Here are some notes from the game:
- Jonas Valanciunas led the way for the Raptors with 15 points and nine rebounds. Valanciunas went 5-10 from the floor and 5-6 from the free throw line.
- DeMar DeRozan had an off night, shooting 3-12 to go along with four turnovers. He did however grab eight rebounds and went 5-7 from the free throw line.
- Raptors point guard Kyle Lowry had 13 points and six assists and four rebounds. He has now recorded six or more assists in 21 straight games.
- Bulls forward Luol Deng was the game's high-scorer with 16 points. Teammate Jimmy Butler poured in 15 points to go along with seven rebounds.
- Carlos Boozer and Joakim Noah were a combined 3-18 from the field. Boozer finished with four points, while Noah had seven points, 16 rebounds and six assists.
NEXT GAME: Wednesday, January 1 vs. Indiana Pacers. 7 pm. ET.
Follow us on Twitter: @TorRaptors101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Raptors101
- Toronto Raptors (8-13) at Chicago Bulls (9-12)
- Toronto Raptors (13-15) at Chicago Bulls (12-17)
- Toronto Raptors Put Together Fourth Quarter Run En Route to 99-77 Victory Over Chicago Bulls
- Chicago Bulls (3-3) at Toronto Raptors (4-5)
- Toronto Raptors Fall 96-80 to Chicago Bulls Despite 37 Points from DeMar DeRozan
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/166i