In the first night of a home-and-home between the Toronto Raptors and New York Knicks, it was the Raptors who came out on top with the 95-83 victory. The Raptors trailed by 12 at one point but turned it on in the fourth quarter, outscoring the Knicks by 17. The Raptors now move to 12-15 on the season and 6-3 since trading away Rudy Gay. The Knicks fall to 9-20 with the loss. These teams will meet again tomorrow night.
Points By Quarter
Here are some notes from the game:
- DeMar DeRozan led the way for the Raptors with 25 points on 7-13 shooting. DeRozan was also 9-14 from the free throw line.
- Raptors big man Jonas Valanciunas had a monster game with 16 points and 18 rebounds. His 18 rebounds are a career-high and he recorded his team leading ninth double-double of the season.
- Raptors point guard Kyle Lowry continued his strong play with 15 points, 11 assists and four rebounds. Terrence Ross and John Salmons also had strong nights for the Raptors as they each poured in 11 points.
- Former-Knicks forward Steve Novak didn't see the floor for the Raptors. He may get some playing time tomorrow night as players could be tired on the second night of a back-to-back.
- Knicks forward Andrea Bargnani faced off against his former team for the first time. Bargnani had an impressive first half scoring 14 points and adding nine rebounds and two blocks. Bargnani cooled off in the second half and finished the game with 18 points and 12 rebounds.
- J.R. Smith had 17 points, seven rebounds and six assists for the Knicks, while Tim Hardaway Jr. added 15 points off the bench. The two combined to hit seven three pointers.
We often criticize Raptors Head Coach Dwane Casey for his coaching decisions, but he coached a good game tonight. He did a nice job with the rotations and properly used his timeouts throughout the game.
NEXT GAME: Saturday, December 28 vs. New York Knicks. 7 pm. ET.
Follow us on Twitter: @TorRaptors101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Raptors101
- Toronto Raptors Defeat New York Knicks 100-91 in Preseason Action
- Toronto Raptors (11-15) at New York Knicks (9-19)
- Toronto Raptors Take Down New York Knicks 123-120 in Double Overtime
- Preseason Game Six: New York Knicks at Toronto Raptors
- Toronto Raptors Take on “Non-Primo Pasta Eater” Andrea Bargnani, New York Knicks
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/15zl