Tonight marks the first game of a home-and-home between the Toronto Raptors and the New York Knicks. The Raptors currently lead the Atlantic Division, while the Knicks are in the middle of the Division sitting three games back of the Raptors. The Raptors are coming off a 112-99 loss against San Antonio on Monday, but they have won four of their last six. The Knicks are 4-4 in their last eight games. This is the first of four meetings between the teams.
Here are some notes for tonight's game:
- Andrea Bargnani is squaring off against his former team for the first time in regular season action. Bargnani, who was traded from the Raptors in the offseason, is averaging 14.1 points per game and 5.1 rebounds per game with the Knicks.
- Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony is listed as doubtful for tonight's game due to an ankle injury. The team remains hopeful he may play and will make a game-time decision on him. Anthony leads the Knicks with 26.3 points per game.
- Raptors guard Kyle Lowry has recorded six or more assists in 18 straight games. He is also averaging 17.8 points per game in the month of December.
- Amir Johnson is averaging 16.9 points per game and 9.4 rebounds per game in his last 10 games with the Raptors.
- The Raptors will have their hands full with an athletic Knicks bench that includes rookie point guard Tim Hardaway Jr. and Amare Stoudemire. Both players can take over the game at any time. Hardaway Jr. shoots over 40% from behind the three point line.
New York Knicks: Beno Udrih, Iman Shumpert, J.R. Smith, Andrea Bargnani, Tyson Chandler
Tonight's game starts at 7:30 pm. ET and can be seen on TSN2.
Let's Go Raptors!
Follow us on Twitter: @TorRaptors101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Raptors101Tags: Andrea Bargnani, Basketball, CARMELO ANTHONY, Demar Derozan, J.R. SMITH, KNICKS, Kyle Lowry, NBA, New york Knicks, RAPTORS, Toronto, Toronto Raptors, TYSON CHANDLER