The Toronto Raptors are in Dallas tonight as they get ready to square off against the Mavericks in the first game of a four-game road trip. The Raptors have won two of their last three, but are coming off a buzzer-beater overtime loss against the Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday. The Mavericks have won two games in a row, both by double digits. Tonight is the first of two meetings between the teams. The second game in the season series will be played on January 22 in Toronto.
Here are some notes for tonight's game:
- Amir Johnson is averaging 18.6 points per game and 9.6 rebounds per game in his last seven games. He has been the team`s most efficient player, shooting 69% from the floor during that stretch.
- The Raptors are doing a much better job sharing the ball, recording 20 or more assists in each of their last four games. Although playing unselfish, the Raptors still have a tendency for sloppy play and turnovers which need to decrease if they want to get better.
- The Raptors are 1-10 when allowing their opponent to score over 100 points. They will need to come out strong on defense against a Mavericks team that is seventh in the league averaging over 103 points per game.
- There will be some familiar faces on the Mavericks roster as Jose Calderon, Shawn Marion and Vince Carter get ready to take on their former-team.
- Mavericks point guard Jose Calderon is averaging a career-low 4.5 assists per game. He posted the same average in his rookie season with the Raptors.
- The Mavericks have six players who are averaging double digits in points. Dirk Nowitzki (21.1 ppg) and Monta Ellis (20.7 ppg) lead the way.
Tonight`s game starts at 8:30 pm. ET and can be seen on Sportsnet One.
Let`s Go Raptors!
Follow us on Twitter: @TorRaptors101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Raptors101
- The Toronto Raptors Get Ready to Take on Some Old Friends
- Toronto Raptors (8-13) at Chicago Bulls (9-12)
- Charlotte Bobcats (11-14) at Toronto Raptors (9-13)
- Toronto Raptors (6-11) at Phoenix Suns (10-9)
- Toronto Raptors (1-0) at Atlanta Hawks (0-1)
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/15sp