The Toronto Raptors and Charlotte Bobcats needed overtime Wednesday night as four quarters wasn't enough to settle the winner. With the game tied 102-102 with two seconds left, Bobcats guard Kemba Walker received the inbound pass and nailed the buzzer beater from the corner, giving the Bobcats the 104-102 victory on the night. With the win, the Bobcats move to 12-14, while the Raptors fall to 9-14 with the loss. The Bobcats have won both games against the Raptors this year, each by two points.
Points By Quarter
Here are some notes from the game:
- Charlotte was up 102-101 in OT and DeMar DeRozan had a chance to give the Raptors the lead at the free throw line. DeRozan hit one of two from the line and tied the game. Although being the game's leading scorer with 30 points, DeRozan really cooled off in the fourth quarter and overtime and couldn't seem to find his shot.
- The Raptors recorded 22 assists on the night, marking their fourth straight game with 20 or more assists. However, they had poor shot selection throughout the game and were very sloppy with the ball. They turned the ball over 17 times.
- Kyle Lowry had 17 points, six assists and and four rebounds for the Raptors. Lowry hit a three pointer to tie the game with 10 seconds left in the fourth quarter. Amir Johnson continued his strong play, recording 10 points and 13 rebounds.
- Kemba Walker showed why he is developing into one of the better guards in the league, posting 29 points on 10-18 shooting. Walker was 4-7 from three point land and 5-7 from the free throw line.
- Al Jefferson had 24 points and 11 rebounds for the Bobcats. Jefferson started the game off slow, but late in the game the Raptors had no answer for him in the paint.
- The refs made some questionable calls in the game and Dwane Casey made some questionable coaching decisions. Needless to say, both of these had an effect on the outcome, but the Raptors had their chance to win and can only blame themselves for the loss.
NEXT GAME: Friday, December 20 @ Dallas Mavericks. 8:30 pm.
Follow us on Twitter: @TorRaptors101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Raptors101
- Toronto Raptors Fall 92-90 to Charlotte Bobcats
- Charlotte Bobcats (11-14) at Toronto Raptors (9-13)
- Toronto Raptors (2-2) at Charlotte Bobcats (2-2)
- Toronto Raptors Put Together Fourth Quarter Run En Route to 99-77 Victory Over Chicago Bulls
- Toronto Raptors Open Season up with 93-87 Victory Over the Boston Celtics
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/15q7