Leading by four in the fourth quarter, the Toronto Raptors went on a 26-7 run and pulled away from the Chicago Bulls. The Raptors went on to the 99-77 victory thanks to gritty defense and impressive ball movement. The Raptors have now won two in a row and are 3-1 since trading Rudy Gay. With the win, the Raptors move to 9-13 and are just a half game back of the Division leading Boston Celtics. They also slide into the seventh seed in the Eastern Conference and are only two games back of third. The Bulls fall to 9-13 with the loss.
Points By Quarter
Here are some notes from the game:
- The Bulls never held the lead at any point throughout the game. This is the second straight game that the Raptors have never trailed.
- The Raptors continued to share the ball as they recorded a season-high 26 assists. Kyle Lowry and Greivis Vasquez each had six assists, while Terrence Ross and DeMar DeRozan chipped in with four each. The team's ball movement has been much improved since the departure of Rudy Gay and they are playing unselfish basketball.
- The Raptors also recorded a season-high in blocks with 11. Jonas Valanciunas led the way with four. Although only in his second season, Valanciunas is starting to get more comfortable on both ends of the court. He registered his second straight double-double as he scored 15 points and added 11 rebounds.
- The Raptors put forth a well-balanced offensive attack with five players scoring in double figures. Lowry led the way with 16 points, while DeRozan scored 15. Amir Johnson continued his strong play as he poured in 14 points on 6-11 shooting. The bench also contributed with 30 points. Patrick Patterson led the way off the bench with 12 points.
- Bulls forward Luol Deng returned after missing four games due to an achilles injury. He was the game's high-scorer with 17 points. Deng also added seven rebounds and four assists.
- Carlos Boozer, who is usually a Raptor killer, had a off-night as he shot an abysmal 4-18 from the field.
- Former-Raptors point guard D.J. Augustin played just under 20 minutes for the Bulls. He shot 1-7 from the field, scoring five points and adding six assists.
NEXT GAME: Wednesday, December 18 vs. Charlotte Bobcats. 7 pm. ET.
Follow us on Twitter: @TorRaptors101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Raptors101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Toronto Raptors (8-13) at Chicago Bulls (9-12)
- Toronto Raptors’ Fourth Quarter Comeback Falls Short Against Brooklyn Nets
- Toronto Raptors Fall 96-80 to Chicago Bulls Despite 37 Points from DeMar DeRozan
- Toronto Raptors Outmuscle, Outhustle Memphis Grizzlies En Route to 108-72 Victory
- Chicago Bulls (3-3) at Toronto Raptors (4-5)
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/15kl