The Toronto Raptors are on the second night of a back-to-back as they are in Chicago to take on the Bulls. The Raptors have won two of their last three and are coming off a 108-100 victory over the Philadelphia 76ers last night. The Bulls also played last night, defeating the Milwaukee Bucks 91-90. It was the Bulls' first win in their last four games. Tonight's game is the second of four meetings between the teams. The Bulls won the first meeting 96-80 on November 15 in Toronto.
Here are some notes for tonight's game:
- In the last three games since trading away Rudy Gay, the Raptors have done a much better job at sharing the ball. They are averaging 22 assists per game in the last three and are coming off a season-high 24 assist performance last night.
- Raptors forward Amir Johnson has been terrific the last five games, averaging 21.2 points per game. Johnson has shot 47-64 in those games, which is 73.4% from the field. He scored a career-high 32 points against the Los Angeles Lakers on December 8.
- DeMar DeRozan matched a career-high with 37 points in the first meeting against the Bulls this season. DeRozan is averaging 21.7 points per game, which ranks him 10th in the NBA.
- Bulls forward Luol Deng leads the team with 19.4 points per game. He will miss his fifth straight game with an achilles injury. The team is also without point guard Derrick Rose for the rest of the season and point guard Kirk Hinrich will miss tonight's game due to a back injury.
- Carlos Boozer is averaging 15.6 points per game and 9.1 rebounds per game. Boozer had 14 points, eight rebounds and six assists in the first meeting against the Raptors.
- Former-Raptors point guard D.J. Augustin signed with the Bulls yesterday. He played just under 12 minutes last night going 0-3 from the floor and recording one assist.
Tonight's game starts at 8 pm. ET and can be seen on TSN.
Let's Go Raptors!
Follow us on Twitter: @TorRaptors101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Raptors101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Chicago Bulls (3-3) at Toronto Raptors (4-5)
- Toronto Raptors Fall 96-80 to Chicago Bulls Despite 37 Points from DeMar DeRozan
- Miami Heat (12-3) at Toronto Raptors (6-8)
- Toronto Raptors (6-12) at Los Angeles Lakers (10-9)
- San Antonio Spurs (15-4) at Toronto Raptors (7-12)
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/15i6