The Toronto Raptors welcomed three new faces on Friday night as Greivis Vasquez, Patrick Patterson and John Salmons all made their debut with the team after being acquired in the Rudy Gay trade. All three of them saw their fair share of minutes and helped the Raptors defeat the Philadelphia 76ers 108-100. DeMar DeRozan led the way with 27 points, six assists and five rebounds, while Terrence Ross added 24 points on 10-16 shooting. With the win, the Raptors have now won two of their last three and move to 8-13 on the season. The Sixers fall to 7-17 with the loss.
Points By Quarter
Here are some notes from the game:
- As mentioned earlier, DeRozan and Ross were the high scorers for the Raptors. Both players were sensational and made clutch shots late in the game. Ross' 24 points were a season-high.
- The Raptors recorded 12 assists on 14 made field goals in the first quarter. They shot 66.7% in the quarter, thanks to high quality shots and nine fast break points. Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan each had five assists in the first quarter. Lowry finished the game with 11 assists, while the Raptors as a team finished with 24.
- Amir Johnson and Jonas Valanciunas each recorded double-doubles on the night. Johnson finished the game with 17 points and 10 rebounds, while Valanciunas had 12 points and 13 rebounds.
- The newly acquired Raptors combined to score 20 points. Greivis Vasquez led the way with 12 points on 5-7 shooting. Vazquez did a nice job running the second unit despite his four turnovers.
- The Raptors gave up their 15 point lead in less than 10 minutes, but went on an 11-3 run to close out the second quarter putting them up by eight at half time.
- Tony Wroten led the way for the Sixers with 23 points and five assists. Wroten shot 8-17 from the field, including 5-8 from downtown.
- After a slow start, Sixers guard Evan Turner turned it on late helping his team climb back into the game. Turner finished with 21 points and 10 rebounds.
- The Sixers managed to erase the Raptors 15 point deficit early in the game and trimmed another double digit lead in the second half. However, they never led at any time throughout the game.
NEXT GAME: Saturday, December 14 @ Chicago Bulls. 8 pm. ET start.
Follow us on Twitter: @TorRaptors101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Raptors101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Toronto Raptors Sit on Top Atlantic Division with 108-98 Win Over Philadelphia 76ers
- Philadelphia 76ers (7-16) at Toronto Raptors (7-13)
- Toronto Raptors (4-7) at Philadelphia 76ers (5-7)
- Toronto Raptors Fall 116-103 to the San Antonio Spurs
- Toronto Raptors Win Second Game in a Row, Defeat Washington Wizards 96-88
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/15e2