The Toronto Raptors got off to a fast start Tuesday night against the San Antonio Spurs but it didn't last long. The Spurs made the appropriate adjustments and their ball movement on offense was jaw dropping. Trailing by 14 at one point in the first quarter, the Spurs quickly rallied back and took over the lead less than five minutes into the second quarter. With the win, the Spurs move to 16-4 on the season, while the Raptors fall to 7-13 with the loss.
Points By Quarter
Here are some notes from the game:
- The Raptors shot 62.5% in the first quarter and did a great job moving the ball. They had nine assists in the first quarter, four each coming from Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan.
- Amir Johnson and Jonas Valanciunas got involved early and they each had 10 points in the first quarter. Johnson finished the game with 19 points and nine rebounds. Valanciunas scored 14 points and added four rebounds.
- DeMar DeRozan scored 19 points for the Raptors to go along with seven assists. He was also a perfect 7-7 from the free throw line.
- Terrence Ross got the start at small forward for the Raptors. Ross scored 14 points, but struggled from the field shooting 4-13. All four of his makes came from behind the arc. Ross also had five turnovers. It wasn't his finest game, but he definitely showed strong spurts of his potential. He will need to work on his consistency as that is one of the biggest knocks on him at this time.
- The Spurs had seven players score in double figures. Manu Ginobili was the team's leading scorer off the bench with 16 points. Ginobili also added nine assists and five rebounds.
- The Spurs had 30 assists on the night and shot 54.9% from the field.
- Former-Raptors guard Marco Belinelli scored 12 points on 4-5 shooting. Belinelli also had four assists.
NEXT GAME: Friday, December 13 vs. Philadelphia 76ers. 7 pm. ET start
Follow us on Twitter: @TorRaptors101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Raptors101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- San Antonio Spurs (15-4) at Toronto Raptors (7-12)
- Toronto Raptors Fall 92-90 to Charlotte Bobcats
- Toronto Raptors Fall to the Atlanta Hawks 102-95
- Toronto Raptors Drop Fifth Straight Game, Fall 106-97 to the Phoenix Suns
- Toronto Raptors Fall 96-80 to Chicago Bulls Despite 37 Points from DeMar DeRozan
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1572