The Toronto Raptors are back home tonight as they play host to the San Antonio Spurs. The Raptors are coming off a 106-94 win over the Los Angeles Lakers on Sunday after losing five straight. The Spurs have lost three of their last five after winning 11 straight. This is the first meeting between the teams. The other will be played later this month in San Antonio on Dec. 23.
Here are some notes for tonight's game:
- The Raptors will be without all four of their new acquisitions (Vasquez, Salmons, Patterson, Hayes) as they have yet to pass a physical.
- Raptors forward Tyler Hansbrough is still out of the lineup with a left-shoulder sprain.
- Terrence Ross will get the start at small forward for the Raptors. This is a great chance for Ross to show what he can do against one of the league's best teams.
- Raptors big man Amir Johnson is coming off a career-high 32 points on Sunday against the Lakers. Johnson shot 14-17 from the floor and went a perfect 4-4 from the free throw line.
- Point guard Tony Parker leads the Spurs with 17.8 points per game and 6.1 assists per game.
- Former-Raptors Marco Belinelli and Matt Bonner will be coming off the bench for the Spurs tonight. Belinelli is averaging 9.4 points per game on 51.9% shooting, while Bonner is averaging 3.6 points per game in just under 13 minutes of play.
- Canadian-born Cory Joseph is also on the Spurs bench where he is averaging 3.7 points per game in just over seven minutes.
Tonight's game starts at 7 pm. ET and can be seen on Sportsnet Ontario and Sportsnet One.
Let's Go Raptors!
Follow us on Twitter: @TorRaptors101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Raptors101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Toronto Raptors Spoil Kobe Bryant’s Return, Defeat Los Angeles Lakers 106-94
- Toronto Raptors Hold Off Boston Celtics for 99-97 Victory
- Miami Heat (12-3) at Toronto Raptors (6-8)
- Inserting Landry Fields into the Starting Rotation Would Benefit the Toronto Raptors
- Toronto Raptors Win Second Game in a Row, Defeat Washington Wizards 96-88
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/156n