On the night that they traded away Rudy Gay, the Toronto Raptors went into Los Angeles and defeated the Lakers 106-94. Amir Johnson led the way for the Raptors with a career-high 32 points to go along with 10 rebounds. This is the Raptors' first win against the Lakers in Los Angeles since December 28, 2001. With the win the Raptors move to 7-12 on the season, while the Lakers fall to 10-10.
Points By Quarter
Here are some notes from the game:
- Amir Johnson scored 23 of his career-high 32 points in the first half. Amir was very efficient on the night, shooting 14-17 from the floor.
- Along with Amir Johnson, the Lakers also had no answer for Kyle Lowry who recorded 23 points, eight assists and five rebounds. DeMar DeRozan also had another solid game scoring 25 points. He also added five rebounds and five assists.
- The Raptors outscored the Lakers 62-32 in the paint. They also did a great job protecting the ball, only turning it over 12 times.
- Both teams struggled from beyond the arc as the Raptors shot 4-26, while the Lakers were a bit better at 9-28.
- The Lakers had five players score in double figures, all coming off the bench. No starter scored in double figures for the Lakers. Nick Young was their leading scorer with 19 points. Xavier Henry had 17, Jodie Meeks had 14, Jordan Hill had 11 and Shawne Williams had 10.
- Kobe Bryant didn't fair well in his return to the court. He shot a poor 2-9 from the field for only nine points. He did have eight rebounds and four assists, but he also turned the ball over eight times. Pau Gasol struggled as well shooting 3-11.
NEXT GAME: Tuesday, December 10 vs. San Antonio Spurs. 7 pm. ET. start.
Follow us on Twitter: @TorRaptors101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Raptors101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Toronto Raptors (6-12) at Los Angeles Lakers (10-9)
- Toronto Raptors Win Second Game in a Row, Defeat Washington Wizards 96-88
- Toronto Raptors Defeat Milwaukee Bucks 97-90
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/153y