On the night that Kobe Bryant is making his season debut for the Los Angeles Lakers, the Toronto Raptors found a way to upstage them. A few hours prior to tip-off, the Raptors announced that they have traded Rudy Gay, Aaron Gray and Quincy Acy to the Sacramento Kings for Greivis Vasquez, John Salmons, Chuck Hayes and Patrick Patterson. None of those mentioned players will be in the lineup for the Raptors, so they will be short some players tonight. The Raptors enter this game losing five straight, while the Lakers have won three of their last four. This is the first meeting between the teams, the other to be played in Toronto on January 19.
Here are some notes for tonight's game:
- With the trade, all eyes will be on DeMar DeRozan as this has officially become his team. DeRozan is leading the Raptors with 21.3 points per game.
- The Raptors will also be without forward Tyler Hansbrough as he is still dealing with a left-shoulder sprain.
- The Raptors are last in the league in assists averaging 17.28 per game. The Lakers are fourth in the league at 24.05 assists per game. It will be interesting to see the Lakers' ball movement with Kobe back in the lineup.
- The Lakers are third in the league at shooting the three. They convert 40.7% of the time from downtown.
- The Lakers will still be without point guard Steve Nash due to multiple injuries.
Tonight's game starts at 9:30 pm ET and can be seen on TSN2.
Let's Go Raptors!
Follow us on Twitter: @TorRaptors101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Raptors101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Toronto Raptors (6-11) at Phoenix Suns (10-9)
- Toronto Raptors (6-10) at Golden State Warriors (10-8)
- Miami Heat (12-3) at Toronto Raptors (6-8)
- 10 Reasons Why the Toronto Raptors Should not Pursue Steve Nash
- Toronto Raptors Drop Fifth Straight Game, Fall 106-97 to the Phoenix Suns
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/153v