The Toronto Raptors lost their fifth straight game Friday night as they were defeated 106-97 by the Phoenix Suns. The Raptors are now 0-2 on their current three-game road trip and have shown no signs of turning things around. The Suns have now won two in a row and have themselves tied for eight place in the Western Conference with an 11-9 record. The Raptors fall to 6-12 with the loss and trail the Boston Celtics by a game and a half for the Division lead.
Points By Quarter
Here are some notes from the game:
- Amir Johnson was the Raptors' high-scorer with 22 points off the bench. Amir also added seven rebounds and three blocked shots.
- Kyle Lowry continued his strong play with 21 points and seven assists. Rudy Gay and Jonas Valanciunas each added double-doubles as Gay had 17 points and 10 rebounds and Valanciunas had 11 points and 10 rebounds. DeMar DeRozan had a rough night shooting 5-15 for 13 points.
- Raptors forward Tyler Hansbrough exited the game early due to a left-shoulder sprain and did not return. He is considered day-to-day and will be evaluated on Saturday.
- Former-Raptors forward P.J. Tucker had 18 points and 13 rebounds for the Suns. It seems as if Tucker has finally settled in and is starting to become an important piece to the team.
NEXT GAME: Sunday, December 8 @ Los Angeles Lakers. 9:30 pm. ET start
Follow us on Twitter: @TorRaptors101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Raptors101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Toronto Raptors (6-11) at Phoenix Suns (10-9)
- Toronto Raptors Drop Third Straight in 112-98 Loss to Denver Nuggets
- Toronto Raptors Win Second Game in a Row, Defeat Washington Wizards 96-88
- Toronto Raptors Drop Home Preseason Opener to the Minnesota Timberwolves 101-89
- Toronto Raptors Fall 92-90 to Charlotte Bobcats
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/152i