The Toronto Raptors moved to 2-1 on the season as they defeated the Milwaukee Bucks 97-90 on Saturday night. The Raptors held a 12 point lead going into the fourth quarter, but the Bucks made things interesting and fought their way back. Rudy Gay led the way for the Raptors with 18 points and a career high 15 rebounds. It wasn't all good for Rudy though as he turned the ball over five times and continued to struggle with his shot. Rudy went 4-14 from the floor, but he did a nice job of getting to the free throw line where he shot 8-10.
Points By Quarter
Here are some notes from the game:
- Raptors forward Landry Fields was the best player on the court for most of the game. Fields came off the bench to score 11 points, to go along with five rebounds and four assists. He positively impacted the game and was a big part of the team's win tonight.
- The Raptors did a nice job sharing the ball early in the game, but started playing selfish near the end. A lack of offensive execution and sloppy play allowed the Bucks to climb back into the game.
- The Raptors won the battle of the boards by a large margin, out-rebounding the Bucks 60-38. The Raptors had eight players with five or more rebounds.
- Head Coach Dwane Casey has yet to set a solid rotation of players for the Raptors each game. He seems to go away from what works and there is no consistency. Jonas Valanciunas succeeded early on in the game, but saw limited minutes for the second night in a row.
- O.J. Mayo and John Henson were productive for the Bucks off the Bench. Mayo led the Bucks with 16 points and eight assists, while Henson added 13 points.
- The Bucks were without guards Luke Ridnour and Brandon Knight again. Both players are an important part of the team and they will be happy to have them back soon.
The Raptors will now head home where they will take on the Miami Heat on Tuesday. That game will start at 7 pm. ET. Tickets are still available.
Follow us on Twitter: @TorRaptors101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Raptors101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Toronto Raptors (1-1) at Milwaukee Bucks (1-1)
- Preseason Game Eight: Toronto Raptors at Milwaukee Bucks
- Toronto Raptors at Milwaukee Bucks Preseason Game Cancelled
- Toronto Raptors Defeat New York Knicks 100-91 in Preseason Action
- Toronto Raptors Defeat Minnesota Timberwolves 104-97
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/13bu