The Toronto Raptors fell to 1-1 on the season Friday night as they lost to the Atlanta Hawks 102-95. The Raptors tried to put together a comeback in the fourth quarter, but a combination of turnovers and lack of defense caused them to fall short. Raptors guard DeMar DeRozan led the way with 31 points, including 10 in the fourth quarter, but it wasn't enough to give his team the win.
Here are some notes from the game:
- Execution seems to be a problem early on for the Raptors. Whether it is getting something going on offense or needing a stop on defense, the Raptors failed to do so numerous times, ultimately costing them the game.
- Raptors center Jonas Valanciunas attempted only five shots in 18 minutes of action. That is unacceptable and the blame goes to coaching, along with the players' inability to give him the ball in the post.
- The Hawks defense really closed in on Rudy Gay tonight, forcing him to take tough shots. This led to him trying to force things later in the game. Rudy finished with 14 points on 6-23 shooting.
- The Hawks ended the first half on a 13-2 run, overtaking the lead and going up by 10.
- Hawks center Al Horford scored 22 points and added 16 rebounds for his fifth straight double-double against the Raptors.
Points By Quarter
Toronto Raptors Box Score
Atlanta Hawks Box Score
The Raptors now head to Milwaukee where they will take on the Bucks tomorrow night. That game will be played at 8:30 ET.
Follow us on Twitter: @TorRaptors101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Raptors101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Toronto Raptors (1-0) at Atlanta Hawks (0-1)
- Toronto Raptors Open Season up with 93-87 Victory Over the Boston Celtics
- Toronto Raptors Drop Home Preseason Opener to the Minnesota Timberwolves 101-89
- Toronto Raptors Open up Their Preseason with a 97-89 Victory Over the Boston Celtics
- Toronto Raptors Defeat New York Knicks 100-91 in Preseason Action
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1399