The Toronto Raptors are in Atlanta tonight to take on the Hawks. The Raptors are coming off an opening night victory over the Boston Celtics, while the Hawks dropped their first game to the Mavericks. Both teams will be competing against each other for one of the last playoff spots in the Eastern Conference. Although it's only game two, this game will make a difference in the standings and every game counts. The Raptors will need to start this game strong, and if they get a lead, they must put the Hawks away early – something they struggled with on Wednesday against the Celtics.
Here are some notes for tonight's game:
- The Raptors had four starters in double figures on Wednesday, including Rudy Gay leading the way with 19 points. They will look for the same production tonight from their starters.
- The Raptors play six of the next eight games on the road. They need a win tonight to give themselves momentum moving forward.
- Although they only gave up 87 points in the season opener against the Celtics, Head Coach Dwane Casey was not happy with his team's defensive performance. The Raptors allowed the Celtics to shoot 48.5%, a number that will have to go down against the Hawks.
- Hawks guard Jeff Teague is coming off a 24 point, nine assist performance against the Mavericks. He did however have six turnovers.
- Hawks center Al Horford has always given the Raptors a hard time. Horford has four straight double-doubles against the Raptors. New offseason acquisition Paul Millsap will also be a handful for the Raptors. The Raptors defense will be tested early and often in the paint.
Tonight`s game begins at 7:30 ET and can be seen on Sportsnet One
Let`s Go Raptors!
Follow us on Twitter: @TorRaptors101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Raptors101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Preseason Game Five: Boston Celtics at Toronto Raptors
- Toronto Raptors Open Season up with 93-87 Victory Over the Boston Celtics
- Preseason Game Seven: Memphis Grizzlies at Toronto Raptors
- Toronto Raptors at It Again Tonight as They Take on the Minnesota Timberwolves
- Preseason Game Two: Minnesota Timberwolves at Toronto Raptors
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/138u