The Toronto Raptors and Milwaukee Bucks wrap up their preseason tonight in Milwaukee. The Raptors are 6-1 in the preseason, winning five in a row, while the Bucks at 1-5, picked up their first win on Wednesday against the New York Knicks.
Here are some notes for tonight's game:
- Point guard Kyle Lowry did not travel with the team to Milwaukee. Lowry suffered an injury to his left ring finger on Wednesday but should be fine. He will be able to practice and play, but will wear a protective splint for six weeks. With Lowry out of the lineup, D.J. Augustin will get the start.
- Big man Jonas Valanciunas will also be out of the lineup after he suffered a chin injury on Wednesday. Valanciunas participated in non-contract drills during practice and the team is sitting him as a precaution.
- Forward Steve Novak is also not expected to suit up for the Raptors tonight. Novak has been dealing with a hand injury, but should be good to go for Wednesday's opening night.
- Raptors forward Tyler Hansbrough, who injured his right thumb on Wednesday, will be in the lineup for the Raptors.
- Bucks guard Brandon Knight sat out Wednesday's game with a sore hamstring. He is listed as questionable for tonight's game.
- The Bucks have some new faces on their roster in Knight, O.J. Mayo and Caron Butler, as well as a new Head Coach in Larry Drew. The pressure will be on Drew to lead this relatively young roster to the playoffs.
Although it would be nice to pick up a win, the most important thing for the Raptors coming out of this game is to stay healthy. The team is already battling a few injuries and can't afford any more this early in the season.
Tonight's game begins at 8:30 ET.
Let's Go Raptors!
Follow us on Twitter: @TorRaptors101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Raptors101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Toronto Raptors Injury Update: Kyle Lowry, Jonas Valanciunas, Tyler Hansbrough
- Preseason Game Seven: Memphis Grizzlies at Toronto Raptors
- Preseason Game Two: Minnesota Timberwolves at Toronto Raptors
- Preseason Game Six: New York Knicks at Toronto Raptors
- Preseason Game Five: Boston Celtics at Toronto Raptors
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/12zj