The Toronto Raptors got off to a fast start on Wednesday night and didn't look back. They outplayed the Memphis Grizzlies in every aspect of the game, ultimately defeating them 108-72. Now at 6-1 in the preseason, the Raptors are right where they want to be heading into the regular season. The team showed great hustle tonight, especially on the defensive end. Head Coach Dwane Casey should definitely be proud of his team's performance tonight.
Here are a few notes from the game:
- The Raptors held a 54-27 lead at half, holding the Grizzlies to just 26.2% shooting. The Grizzlies shot 35.4% for the game, while the Raptors shot 45.7%.
- The Raptors won the rebound battle 54-36, a positive stat heading into the regular season.
- DeMar DeRozan continued his impressive preseason as he led the Raptors with 21 points and five rebounds. DeRozan has definitely taken his game to the next level.
- Rudy Gay (15 points, five rebounds) and Jonas Valanciunas (10 points, nine rebounds) both had solid games for the Raptors.
- Jonas Valanciunas and Kyle Lowry both left the game and did not return for the Raptors. Lowry suffered an injury to his left ring finger, while Valanciunas took an elbow to the face which gave him a chin laceration. The status on both players should be released in the next couple of days.
- Ed Davis and Jon Leuer led the Grizzlies with 11 points each.
- Austin Daye had 14 points off the bench for the Raptors. Daye shot 5-6 from the floor, including 3-3 from downtown.
The Raptors will now head to Milwaukee where they will take on the Bucks on Friday. That game will be played at 8:30 pm
Be sure to check back here and follow us on social media for all the latest Raptors news and updates.
Follow us on Twitter: @TorRaptors101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Raptors101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Preseason Game Seven: Memphis Grizzlies at Toronto Raptors
- Toronto Raptors Open up Their Preseason with a 97-89 Victory Over the Boston Celtics
- Toronto Raptors Hold Off Boston Celtics for 99-97 Victory
- Toronto Raptors Drop Home Preseason Opener to the Minnesota Timberwolves 101-89
- Toronto Raptors Take Down New York Knicks 123-120 in Double Overtime
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/12wm