The Toronto Raptors moved to 5-1 in the preseason last night as they held off the New York Knicks in a double overtime battle. The Raptors won 123-120, led by Terrence Ross who scored 27 points. Ross, who was 7-15 on the night, did however miss two key free throws and a game tying three during the first overtime. He made up for his misses though, nailing a three at the buzzer to send the game to double overtime. Beno Udrih was the high man for the Knicks with 19 points. The Knicks now fall to 2-3 in the preseason.
Here are some notes from the game:
- DeMar DeRozan continued his hot preseason by pouring in 21 points and adding seven rebounds. Rudy Gay added 19 points and seven rebounds, including going 7-7 from the line. This is exactly the production the Raptors want from their two stars.
- The Knicks had seven players in double figures, one of which was not Carmelo Anthony, who finished the night with nine points on 4-13 shooting.
- The Raptors did a better job taking care of the ball, only turning it over 15 times. The Knicks also turned the ball over 15 times.
- Andrea Bargnani scored 13 points on 4-12 shooting for the Knicks. He also went 5-7 from the line. Though he put up double figures, Bargnani is still trying to find his shot.
- Julyan Stone was handling the ball for the Raptors late in the game during the overtimes. Although he didn't light up the stat sheet, he did an okay job getting his teammates the ball and he didn't turn the ball over all night.
- Steve Novak, Aaron Gray and Carlos Morais did not see the floor due to coach's decision.
The Raptors will stay at home as they take on the Memphis Grizzlies on Wednesday.
Be sure to check back here and follow us on social media for all the latest Raptors news and updates.
Follow us on Twitter: @TorRaptors101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Raptors101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Toronto Raptors Defeat New York Knicks 100-91 in Preseason Action
- Toronto Raptors Take on “Non-Primo Pasta Eater” Andrea Bargnani, New York Knicks
- Preseason Game Six: New York Knicks at Toronto Raptors
- Toronto Raptors Open up Their Preseason with a 97-89 Victory Over the Boston Celtics
- Toronto Raptors Drop Home Preseason Opener to the Minnesota Timberwolves 101-89
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/12ug