The Toronto Raptors are 4-1 through five preseason games and have showed some promise heading into a new season. There have however, been some troubling concerns regarding the team. Although it's hard to fully invest in what you see during the preseason, it gives you an idea of where your team stands and what you need to improve on.
Here are a few notes regarding the Raptors' preseason so far:
- Demar DeRozan looks like he's on his way to stardom. DeRozan has been the Raptors' best player so far, improving his efficiency and shot selection.
- Turnovers continue to be an issue for the Raptors. The team is averaging 21.8 turnovers per game due to careless mistakes and sloppy play.
- The bench has played fairly well, with major contributions from guard Terrence Ross and forwards Landry Fields and Tyler Hansbrough. All three players have put forth solid performances, but need to develop more consistency.
- Dwight Buycks and Quincy Acy are sure making a case to stay on the team. With the final roster spots on the line, both players look to have secured a spot on the team going forward.
The Raptors have three preseason games remaining and in 10 days they will start their regular season. The players and coaching staff have until then to fix their turnover problem, as well as develop a strong chemistry. With a roster that's more than capable of making the playoffs in the Eastern Conference, the Raptors will hope that 2013-2014 is the year they finally break out.
Be sure to check back here and follow us on social media for any Raptors related news or updates.
Follow us on Twitter: @TorRaptors101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Raptors101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Toronto Raptors Open up Their Preseason with a 97-89 Victory Over the Boston Celtics
- Preseason Game One: Toronto Raptors at Boston Celtics
- Preseason Game Five: Boston Celtics at Toronto Raptors
- Toronto Raptors Get Ready to Open Their Preseason Monday Against the Boston Celtics
- Toronto Raptors Drop Home Preseason Opener to the Minnesota Timberwolves 101-89
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/12rj