The Toronto Raptors moved to 4-1 in the preseason as they defeated the Boston Celtics 99-97 Wednesday night. This was the second time the Raptors got the better of the Celtics this preseason. The two teams were trying to give as little away as possible as they will meet in the regular season opener on October 30. Terrence Ross led the way for the Raptors off the bench scoring 19, while MarShon Brooks scored 17 off the bench for the Celtics.
Here are some more notes from tonight's game:
- Jonas Valanciunas was the only Raptor who played more than 14 minutes. He played a total of 27. The Raptors bench got the bulk of the minutes in the second half with Terrence Ross and Landry Fields leading the way.
- Canadian Kelly Olynyk fouled out of the game for the Celtics, but not before scoring 13 points and adding nine rebounds. The 2013 first round pick has put in some quality minutes for the Celtics so far and looks to be a promising piece moving forward.
- Turnovers continue to be a concern for the Raptors as they gave away the ball 21 times. This problem has been consistent in every preseason game for the Raptors. The team is being too sloppy with the ball and not making wise decisions.
- One positive for the Raptors was their ability to get to the free throw line and convert. They went 31-38 from the line.
- Steve Novak sat out as he is dealing with a minor right hand injury he suffered against the New York Knicks. Novak could have played, but the team would rather play it safe with their sharp shooter.
Next up for the Raptors is another game with the New York Knicks. The game will be played on Monday in Toronto at 7 pm. Hopefully with the time off between games, the Raptors can get some quality practices in and learn to take care of the ball.
Be sure to check back here throughout the week and follow us on social media for all the latest Raptors news and updates.
Follow us on Twitter: @TorRaptors101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Raptors101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Toronto Raptors Open up Their Preseason with a 97-89 Victory Over the Boston Celtics
- Preseason Game Five: Boston Celtics at Toronto Raptors
- Preseason Game One: Toronto Raptors at Boston Celtics
- Toronto Raptors Get Ready to Open Their Preseason Monday Against the Boston Celtics
- Will the Toronto Raptors Make the Playoffs in 2013-2014 or Will Dwane Casey Hold Them Back?
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/12n4