The Toronto Raptors are on the second night of a back-to-back as they head to Minnesota tonight to take on the Timberwolves. The Raptors are coming off a 100-91 victory over the New York Knicks last night. Both the Raptors and Timberwolves should be familiar with each other as they met on Wednesday with Minnesota coming out on top 101-89. Tonight marks the mid-way point of the preseason for the Raptors who currently sit at 2-1. They still have a lot of work to do if they want to become a playoff team, but progress is definitely being made.
Here are a few notes for tonight's game:
- Demar DeRozan has been something to watch this preseason. He continues to make strides in every aspect of his game and his shot selection on offense is commendable. DeRozan will be one of the keys for the Raptors this season and his performance will strongly impact how the Raptors do.
- In their meeting on Wednesday, Kevin Love led the way for the Timberwolves with 20 points and nine rebounds. Big man Nikola Pekovic added 12 points and eight rebounds. Both players will be a challenge once again for the Raptors front court.
- Turnovers continue to be an issue for the Raptors. They are playing sloppy basketball and not taking care of the ball. They will need to fix this problem soon or it will cost them games early in the season.
- The Raptors were led by the unlikely duo of Dwight Buycks and Quincy Acy during the fourth quarter last night. Both players will try to replicate their performances as they are competing to earn a roster spot, along with playing time for the upcoming season.
- Being the second night of a back-to-back, the Raptors starters will likely see less minutes tonight. This will provide the opportunity for the coaching staff and fans to see what the Raptors bench is made of.
Tonight's game will start at 8 pm ET.
Let's Go Raptors!
Follow us on Twitter: @TorRaptors101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Raptors101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Toronto Raptors Drop Home Preseason Opener to the Minnesota Timberwolves 101-89
- Preseason Game Two: Minnesota Timberwolves at Toronto Raptors
- Toronto Raptors Defeat New York Knicks 100-91 in Preseason Action
- Toronto Raptors Open up Their Preseason with a 97-89 Victory Over the Boston Celtics
- Toronto Raptors Take on “Non-Primo Pasta Eater” Andrea Bargnani, New York Knicks
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/12fv