The Toronto Raptors trailed late in the game Friday night, but clawed back for the 100-91 victory over the New York Knicks. The Raptors were led in the fourth quarter by point guard Dwight Buycks and forward Quincy Acy. Buycks finished the game with 10 points, while Acy who saw the floor for the first time, had nine points, including going three for three from the floor. The Raptors now move to 2-1 in the preseason, while the Knicks fall to 1-1.
Here are some notes from the game:
- Demar DeRozan led the way for the Raptors with 20 points and five rebounds. DeRozan continues to improve each game and is already looking like he's in mid-season form.
- Andrea Bargnani made his first return to Toronto and heard the boos early and often. Bargnani had 10 points on the night, shooting four for nine. The most impressive statistic could be Bargnani's four rebounds, a positive sign for the Knicks early on.
- The story of the night was turnovers and missed three pointers. The Raptors continue to turn the ball over as they gave it away 23 times. The Knicks gave it away 18. Both teams also struggled from behind the arc as the Raptors were 5-24, while the Knicks were 5-30.
- With the Raptors scoring 100 points, fans with a ticket are treated with a free slice of pizza. If you have a ticket to the game, be sure to go to your local Pizza Pizza tomorrow and pick up your free slice.
The Raptors now head to Minnesota where they will take on the Timberwolves tomorrow night for the second time. The game will start at 8 pm.
Follow us on Twitter: @TorRaptors101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Raptors101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Toronto Raptors Take on “Non-Primo Pasta Eater” Andrea Bargnani, New York Knicks
- Toronto Raptors Drop Home Preseason Opener to the Minnesota Timberwolves 101-89
- Toronto Raptors Open up Their Preseason with a 97-89 Victory Over the Boston Celtics
- Preseason Game Two: Minnesota Timberwolves at Toronto Raptors
- Preseason Game One: Toronto Raptors at Boston Celtics
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/12et