The Toronto Raptors are finally back home as they get ready to take on the Minnesota Timberwolves tonight at the Air Canada Centre. The Raptors are coming off a win over the Boston Celtics Monday where they put forth a strong team effort. With impressive performances from the likes of Terrence Ross and Tyler Hansbrough, the team is definitely encouraged. The Timberwolves have yet to play an NBA preseason game but they did take on CSKA Moscow on Monday. It took overtime before the winner was settled and it was CSKA Moscow who came out with the 108-106 victory. Tonight's game will provide both teams with an idea of where they are and what they need to do to get better.
Here are a few notes for tonight's game:
- Jonas Valanciunas looked good in the opener for the Raptors, piling in 10 points and adding 10 rebounds for a double-double. Valanciunas will have his hands full tonight as he goes up against Minnesota big man Nikola Pekovic.
- The Raptors had 25 turnovers in their preseason opener against the Celtics. They will need to protect the ball better tonight against a Timberwolves team who likes to go after the ball.
- The Raptors had five players score in double figures Monday. The team will look for the same combined effort tonight.
- Derrick Williams had 21 points off the bench for the Timberwolves on Monday. Failing to live up to being the second overall pick in the 2011 NBA Draft, Williams will try to put forth a solid season and prove he was deserving of being drafted so high.
Forwards Chris Wright, Quincy Acy and Steve Novak, along with guards Julyan Stone and Carlos Morais did not play in the Raptors preseason opener. It will be interesting to see if any of them get into action tonight as they try to secure one of the final roster spots.
The game will start at 7 pm. ET and will be aired on Raptors TV.
Let's Go Raptors!
Follow us on Twitter: @TorRaptors101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Raptors101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Preseason Game One: Toronto Raptors at Boston Celtics
- Toronto Raptors Get Ready to Open Their Preseason Monday Against the Boston Celtics
- Toronto Raptors Open up Their Preseason with a 97-89 Victory Over the Boston Celtics
- Toronto Raptors Regular Season Tickets Go on Sale Tomorrow
- Will Increase in Vision, Muscle Help Toronto Raptors Forward Rudy Gay in 2013-2014?
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/129t