On offense, the team voted for quarterback Josh McCown and wide receiver Vincent Jackson (pictured). The defense is represented by defensive tackle Gerald McCoy and linebacker Lavonte David. Punter Michael Koenen is the captain of special teams.
“As we vote for captains, this is how we do it. We all get a vote, I got one vote, just like every practice squad guy got one vote and we added it up,” said head coach Lovie Smith. “I’ve kept tracked of them too, just in case someone wants to check them. On the offensive side of the ball Josh McCown and Vincent Jackson; We had others, but you can see why [they were chosen]. They’re both two professionals that have done it since day one and this about what the players have seen. Of course, all of the offensive guys vote for the offensive guys.
“On the defensive side it’s Gerald McCoy and Lavonte David,” Smith continued. “Two easy choices there even though we had other good choices, too. Then our special teams captain – you can go with specialists or you can go with guys that are a part of the core group, but we selected [punter] Mike Koenen. Those will be our five captains for the year and I do lean on them for a lot of things."
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
- ‘Tampa Bay Buccaneers a Team to Watch,’ Says CBS Sports Analyst Phil Simms
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers Drop Preseason Opener to Jacksonville Jaguars
- Pro Bowl Cornerback Alterraun Verner Returns to Team Drills; Expected to Play Against Buffalo Bills
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ Vincent Jackson Readying for Big-Game Performances
- Buccaneers Vs. Dolphins: What to Watch For
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1f64