Undrafted rookies Nate Askew and Keith Lewis made standout plays in Thursday’s loss to the Washington Redskins, but it appears it may not be enough to secure a roster spot with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers this season.
Although the team has not yet made a formal announcement, according to the Tampa Bay Times, both Askew and Lewis are among seven players confirmed as cuts this morning as the Bucs are in the process of trimming their roster to 53 players by Saturday. Both players halted threatening drives with end-zone interceptions in Thursday's game. While not included on the 53-man roster, both Askew and Lewis are likely to rejoin the Bucs as members of the 10-player practice squad.
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets. Tags: Buccaneers, Football, Keith Lewis, Kip Edwards, Lonnie Pryor, Nate Askew, NFL, T.J. Fatinikun, Tampa Bay, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Tampa Bay Times
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers Part Ways with 12 Players; Three More Cuts Needed by Tuesday
- Three Tampa Bay Buccaneers Ranked Amongst NFL’s Top 100 Players
- Injury Threatening to Cost Da’Quan Bowers a Roster Spot with Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers Drop Preseason Finale 24-10 to Washington Redskins
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers Making the Most of the Summer Heat in Training Camp
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1f1l