Hawkins signed with the Bucs following the team’s trade of Mike Williams to the Buffalo Bills in April. Hawkins played four games for the Chargers last year and previously played with the Tennessee Titans for five seasons.
In two preseason games for the Bucs, Hawkins had two catches for 25 yards, including one for a touchdown.
The move comes one week before rosters need to be cut from 90 players to 75.
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets. Tags: Buccaneers, Bucs, Chargers, Football, Lavelle Hawkins, Mike Williams, NFL, Tampa Bay, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, The Tampa Tribune
- Chris Owusu Earns Starting Spot at Wide Receiver
- Rookie Wide Receiver Mike Evans Learns Lesson from Touchdown Turned Touchback
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers Rookie Wide Receiver Mike Evans ‘Progressing’
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers Agree to Terms with Veteran Defender Larry English
- Pro Bowl Cornerback Alterraun Verner Returns to Team Drills; Expected to Play Against Buffalo Bills
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1es0