The patch, which features the letters “MG” emblazoned in large white letters on a black circular background, will be affixed on the front upper left side of the team’s jerseys beginning with this Friday’s preseason opener in Jacksonville.
“Our father was very proud of his ownership of the Buccaneers and we know how special each football season was to him and our entire family. The support we have received since his passing has been overwhelming and we look forward to honoring him this season,” said Buccaneers Co-Chairman Bryan Glazer on Buccaneers.com.
Glazer passed away on May 28 at the age of 85. Glazer purchased the team in 1995 and immediately turned the franchise around, earning seven playoff berths, five playoff wins and its first Super Bowl championship in 2002.
The team also announced that a special tribute video highlighting Glazer’s lasting legacy will be shown during its regular season home opener on Sept. 7 against the Carolina Panthers.
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers Legend Derrick Brooks to Serve as NFL Appeals Officer
- Buccaneer Legend Derrick Brooks Joins NFL’s Best in Pro Football Hall of Fame
- Lovie Smith Tasked with Turning the Tide for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers Release First Depth Chart
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers Training Camp: Day 2
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1e9g