Former Titans place-kicker Rob Bironas was at One Buc Place this morning for a workout, according to a report on JoeBucsFan.com.
A Pro Bowler in 2007, Bironas played for the Titans from 2005-2013 and was cut in March. Rookie Anthony Fera, a punter and kicker out of Texas, reportedly joined Bironas for the workout.
“We have two guys that we pay handsome fees to and we expect them to perform at a certain level and they have,” Smith said in his daily press conference. “Both of them are very good. Patrick Murray you should have noticed. He did a great job today. Today, we let Mike and Connor rest a little bit, so he took both duties. He was punter today and he also handled the kicking chores”
Bironas, who played his college football at Auburn University and Georgia Southern University, made 25 of 29 field goals (86.2 percent) last year for the Titans and was perfect on extra points.
Before signing with the Titans in 2005, Bironas spent time on the offseason roster of the Green Bay Packers in 2002 and on the preseason rosters of the Bucs in 2003 and the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2004.
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
- Speed Name of the Game for Buccaneers’ Potential All-Purpose Player Jeff Demps
- Lovie Smith Pleased with Performance of Defensive End Da’Quan Bowers in Training Camp
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers Release First Depth Chart
- Lovie Smith Tasked with Turning the Tide for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- ‘Tampa Bay Buccaneers a Team to Watch,’ Says CBS Sports Analyst Phil Simms
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1e8b