Brooks spent 1995-2008 as a linebacker with the Buccaneers, playing in every game during his 14 seasons with the club, earning Pro Bowl honors 11 times and helping Tampa Bay to a victory in Super Bowl XXXVII.
"Derrick views this game with a very unique understanding as both a player and a team president,” NFL Executive Vice President of Football Operations Troy Vincent said in an NFL release. “His review of appeals will be informed by experience as a player and as an executive.”
“Derrick was jointly selected by the players and the NFL and we expect he will bring expertise and professionalism to his role as an arbitration officer,” said NFLPA Senior Director of Player Affairs and Development Jason Belser. “We look forward to working with him."
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
Tags: Buccaneer, Derrick Brooks, Football, Jason Belser, Matt Birk, NFL, NFL Players Association, NFLPA, Pro Football Hall of Fame, Tampa Bay, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Tampa Bay Storm, Ted Cottrell
- Lavonte David Drawing Comparisons to Tampa Bay Buccaneers Legend Derrick Brooks
- Two-Time Pro Bowl Guard Carl Nicks and Tampa Bay Buccaneers Part Ways
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers Aiming to Go from Worst to First in NFC South
- Former Tampa Bay Buccaneers Coach Tony Dungy ‘Wouldn’t Have Taken’ Michael Sam
- Dick Vermeil Believes Former Tampa Bay Buccaneers Head Coach Jon Gruden Will Return to the Sidelines
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1dwg