Bucs fans will have a host of opportunities to watch the team practice during training camp, which gets underway July 25. Rookies are scheduled to report on July 21.
New head coach Lovie Smith has scheduled most of the team’s practices at 4 p.m., the kickoff time for the Bucs’ first two games of the season against the Carolina Panthers on Sept. 7 and the St. Louis Rams on Sept. 14, both games at Raymond James Stadium.
“They’re not calling on us to play on prime time right now, so we’re trying to practice a little bit in the heat as much as anything,” Smith told the Tampa Bay Times. “That’s a home field advantage we have. But also as we talk about the fans, I know most people work all day and that’s time where you can, if you like, still be able to catch some of our practices.”
The following practice sessions are open and free to the public, with all practices at One Buccaneer Place in Tampa.
Friday, July 25: 4:30-7 p.m.
Saturday, July 26: 4:30-7 p.m.
Sunday, July 27: 2-4:30 p.m.
Thursday, July 31: 2-4:30 p.m.
Friday, Aug. 1: Night practice at Raymond James Stadium, TBA
Sunday, Aug. 3: 4:30-7 p.m.
Monday, Aug. 4: 4:30-7 p.m.
Tuesday, Aug. 5: 4:30-7 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 10: 2-4:30 p.m.
Monday, Aug. 11: 4:30-7 p.m.
Tuesday, Aug. 12: 4:30-7 p.m.
Thursday, Aug. 14: 2-4:30 p.m.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers Rookie Austin Seferian-Jenkins Expects to Be Ready for Training Camp Following Foot Surgery
- ‘Tampa Bay Buccaneers a Team to Watch,’ Says CBS Sports Analyst Phil Simms
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ Rookie Mike Evans Working Out with Brandon Marshall
- Gerald McCoy is Expected to Thrive Under Lovie Smith’s Defensive Scheme
- Three Tampa Bay Buccaneers Ranked Amongst NFL’s Top 100 Players
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1ddh