Now it gets real. All the exhibitions are finished. The time for "vanilla" is over and it's time for NFL football that means something. All 32 NFL teams take the field this weekend, beginning with Thursday's lidlifter in Denver with the defending Super Bowl champion Baltimore Ravens visiting the Broncos in a rematch of last year's epic playoff battle.
Each week, the staff of Rams 101 will pick every game. Our picks are straight-up, no point spreads (This is about football, not gambling). Most of our picks are unanimous, but a few games have us conflicted.
- In a game that might see both quarterbacks rush for 100 yards, Betsy and I see the Panthers upsetting Seattle, while Brent is going with the road favorite.
- Brent and I like the Bengals in Chicago, both of us seeing the Cincinnati defensive line picking on a still-porous Bears' offensive front.
- We also went against Betsy, picking the Lions to win at home against the Vikings. We both see Matthew Stafford having a big day (which is good for my fantasy team!)
- Betsy likes the Falcons to beat the Saints on the road, but Brent and I think the emotion of Sean Payton's return to the sidelines will be too much for Atlanta to overcome. This may be the highest scoring game of the week.
- Brent and I also like the Packers on the road over the Niners. We both see a regression from Colin Kaepernick. Meanwhile Aaron Rodgers continues to be Aaron Rodgers.
- Betsy and I like the Cowboys at home over the Giants. Brent thinks Eli Manning will feast on Dallas' new defense, but we think Dez Bryant is ready to break out this season.
- Finally, Betsy and I like RGIII and the Redskins at home against the Eagles on Monday night. Brent got hit in the head. That's all I can figure on that one.
Here's all our picks for this week. We'll keep a tally throughout the season. Let us know how you stack up against us.
|Baltimore at Denver||Broncos||Broncos||Broncos|
|New England at Buffalo||Pats||Pats||Pats|
|Miami at Cleveland||Browns||Browns||Browns|
|Seattle at Carolina||Panthers||Panthers||Seahawks|
|Cincinnati at Chicago||Bengals||Bears||Bengals|
|Minnesota at Detroit||Lions||Vikings||Lions|
|Oakland at Indianapolis||Colts||Colts||Colts|
|Kansas City at Jacksonville||Chiefs||Chiefs||Chiefs|
|Atlanta at New Orleans||Saints||Falcons||Saints|
|Tampa Bay at NY Jets||Bucs||Bucs||Bucs|
|Tennessee at Pittsburgh||Steelers||Steelers||Steelers|
|Green Bay at San Francisco||Packers||Niners||Packers|
|Arizona at St. Louis||Rams||Rams||Rams|
|NY Giants at Dallas||Cowboys||Cowboys||Giants|
|Philadelphia at Washington||Redskins||Redskins||Eagles|
|Houston at San Diego||Texans||Texans||Texans|
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- NFC West Week in Review: Watch Out for the Arizona Cardinals
- St. Louis Rams Offensive Identity Should Be Revealed This Week
- Rams 101 Season Preview: Do the St. Louis Rams Have Enough to Compete in the NFC West?
- Newest St. Louis Rams Make Biggest Plays Against Denver Broncos
- Halfway Through Preseason, Seattle Seahawks Look Best in NFC West
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/108v