The Denver Broncos received the opening kickoff, yet it took the Seattle Seahawks only 12 seconds — a Super Bowl record — to score the first points of the game. And little did anyone know it at the time, but the opening drive safety would set the pace for one of the most dominating title game victories in NFL history.
Ultimately, the Seahawks proved the old adage: defense wins champions. And despite a long two weeks of No. 1 offense vs. No 1 defense talk, it was never close, debated or given a second thought. Not only that, the Seahawks displayed a far more dominant offense and dominant special teams unit than did their opponents, winning in all three phases of the game from start to finish.
For Pete Carroll, he becomes only the third head coach in history to win both a Super Bowl Championship and an NCAA Championship. For the Seattle Seahawks, they hoist their very first Lombardi Trophy. And for Percy Harvin … what an amazing story. After playing in the portion of only two games this season, he explodes for over 130 all-purpose yards and a kickoff return for a touchdown.
Seahawks fans, enjoy the moment! We'll have much more tomorrow, but now is a time for celebration as opposed to analysis.
The Seattle Seahawks are Super Bowl champions!
- Seattle Seahawks Vs. Denver Broncos: Super Bowl XLVIII Gameday
- Seattle Seahawks WR Percy Harvin Thinks He Can Be Super Bowl XLVIII Factor
- Seattle Seahawks Secondary Built for High Powered Denver Broncos Attack
- Seattle Seahawks, Denver Broncos to Pay New Jersey Taxes Due to “Jock Tax”
- Seattle Seahawks are Favored to Win Super Bowl XLVIII with 9/5 Odds
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/17np