- Injured defenseman Dan Boyle has rejoined his San Jose teammates in Boston after a ferocious hit he took in Saint Louis on October 16. He is expected to be at TD Garden today for morning skate. This will be his first time back on the ice and he will not play against the Bruins.
- Forward Adam Burish underwent successful back surgery last week to repair a disc. He was injured in the Sharks' first preseason game in Vancouver and has been unable to participate because of the pain. Though there is no timetable for his return, he's likely to be out several months.
- Raffi Torres tested out his surgically repaired knee earlier in the week by jumping on the ice and running through some basic drills. He reported to Comcast Sportsnet Bay Area that his knee feels good, almost as if he didn't have surgery at all, but he's not going to rush the healing process. He's been through this surgery before, and knows what it takes for the knee to heal properly.
- Brent Burns will be out again against the Bruins tonight. As always, the Sharks front office is cagey about the extent of his injury, which earlier in the week coach Scott McLellan described as "sore gums." If Burnzie is out another game or two, the injury looks to be more significant than team sources are divulging. Freddie Hamilton will again take Burns' place on the first line, and he's hoping to play against his younger brother, Dougie, who suits up for the Bruins.
It's another early start for tonight's game in Boston. Tune into CSN-CA at 4:00 for puck drop
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Havlat Progressing from Injury, Won’t Be Ready for Opener
- Sharks’ Raffi Torres Out Minimum Six Weeks
- Three Rookies Make San Jose Sharks’ Opening Night Roster
- Sharks Rookie Tomas Hertl Named NHL’s First Star of the Week
- Brent Burns Sitting Out Tonight’s Game Against the Red Wings
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/12xp