A familiar face is returning to the San Francisco Giants as the team is bringing back Barry Bonds to serve as a special hitting instructor this spring.
The San Jose Mercury News is reporting the all-time home run leader is expected to join the team at Spring Training from March 9-17.
Bonds's final contract with the Giants included a 10-year services deal that includes spring training visits.
The 49-year-old was one of the best players in baseball history and is now ready to share all his hitting knowledge with Giants hitters.
If you forget about all the controversy surrounding Bonds, the man does know the game and will definitely have an impact on the hitters.
Bonds will join former Giants Jeff Kent, Robb Nen, Will Clark and J.T. Snow as special instructors.
- Barry Zito 2013 Season in Review
- 2014 Hall of Fame Ballot Includes Three Former San Francisco Giants
- San Francisco Giants News and Notes
- San Francisco Giants Sign Tim Hudson
- San Francisco Giants 2014 Season Preview
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/18kd