The San Francisco Giants reached a deal with Joaquin Arias Thursday to avoid arbitration.
Arias agreed to a two-year deal worth $2.6 million and his contract includes some performance incentives. With four of their five arbitration eligible-players locked up, the Giants will look to settle on a deal with Brandon Belt.
The last time the Giants went in front of an arbiter was prior to the 2004 season with A.J. Pierzynski, who won his case and the team came close again with Tim Lincecum during his first eligible arbitration.
- Orange and Black Tuesday Inside Scoop
- San Francisco Giants Re-Sign Tim Lincecum
- San Francisco Giants Sign Tim Hudson
- Orange and Black Friday Inside Scoop
- Orange and Black Monday Inside Scoop
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/171w