The Pittsburgh Steelers continued their minicamp on Wednesday with an array of big plays for both the offensive and defensive units. During the session, the team also found time to make some roster moves.Stephon Tuitt. Tuitt is an intriguing prospect with tremendous upside with scheme / position flexibility. At 6-6, 304-pounds, he is athletic enough to provide some quickness off the edge, while demonstrating the power required to anchor against the run.
The Steelers are likely counting on him to make an impact in 2014. With the decision to not re-sign Brett Keisel, and 2013 opening day starter Ziggy Hood elsewhere, the team must find a compliment to defensive end Cam Heyward, who emerged as a dominant force in 2013. With the signing of Cam Thomas from the San Diego Chargers and by drafting Tuitt, there should be some solid competition during training camp for that starting position.
The front office also made a minor roster move by releasing cornerback Deion Belue and adding Ohio State running back Jordan Hall to the roster. A local prospect from Jeannette High School, the 5-9, 191-pound back recorded 3,486 all-purpose yards (1,568 rushing) with 14 touchdowns in his career. Hall will have a tough road ahead in his attempt to make the opening day roster, as the Steelers appear to have their running back rotation laid out heading into training camp.
- Pittsburgh Steelers Sign Third Round Pick Dri Archer to a Four-Year Contract
- Pittsburgh Steelers Sign Fourth Round Pick Martavis Bryant to a Four-Year Contract
- Pittsburgh Steelers Sign First Round Pick Ryan Shazier to a Four-Year Contract
- Pittsburgh Steelers Select Notre Dame Defensive End Stephon Tuitt in the Second Round of the NFL Draft
- Pittsburgh Steelers Pre-Draft Visitor Notre Dame Defensive End Stephon Tuitt
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1c75